Saturday, April 13, 2013

No Place In My Home....


Silently it comes.
Masquerading as truth
Whispering lies into open places in our hearts
Digging deep and
Focusing  on hurts.
Setting unrelenting roots  into our souls
Twisting around and between
Slowly changing that which is healthy
Into something that festers
And burns
And drives us into hiding.

It thrives in darkness
Grows in silence
And creeps silently as an unholy inheritance
From one generation to another.

Pretending to be something that it isn’t….
Privacy?
Failure?
Reality?
No –
It’s name is Shame

And I rebuke it.
I will guard the doorways of my home.
I will cover them with the same truth
That shame seeks to hide.
I will proclaim
That those who dwell within
And those who enter in 
Are accepted
Beloved
Forgiven
Embraced
Delighted in
And precious beyond all the
Lies and half truths
That Shame uses to trap
And destroy.

My house will serve the Lord
And not entertain the slow destructive dance
That Shame wants to lead us through.
I will cling to the name
And the truth
And the reality
That God is God over all things
 Which leaves no room for shame.


7 comments:

TheLazyJ said...

Thank you for this powerful piece. It really touched me this morning.

Mama Ds Dozen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
inpursuitofatoolbox.com said...

Your poetic posts are inspiring. Just this AM, I posted a much less poetic blog on shame.....it is at inpursuitofatoolbox.com if you are interested. Thanks for sharing your gifts.

inpursuitofatoolbox.com said...

Your poetic posts are inspiring. Just this AM, I posted a much less poetic blog on shame.....it is at inpursuitofatoolbox.com if you are interested. Thanks for sharing your gifts.

Natalie said...

Well said.

Michaela McCoin said...

LOVE this! Sending it to my daughter who is newly in RTC 2 states away.

Off topic- I would love to have you share your organizational structure for medical and other appointments /issues which produce lots of paper.

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God..
Thank you Dorothy. Beautiful.