Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Every Morning....

The thing that holds me together on evenings like yesterday is that God's mercies are new every morning.  Every day is a restart....every morning a new dawn.  It may sound trite but those stretches of darkness are the reset button for my often weary heart. No matter how bad, how tired, how strange one days is - there is an end to it - it never goes past 24 hours.  I think hell just might be the endless bad day....without the softening truth of the Resurrection or the confidence that He will return.  Knowing that this is not an endless eternal treadmill gives me hope and the ability to embrace the rising sun even as I am clinging to the feet of the risen Lord.

It's time to step into the new day....one precious God-given breath at a time.

No comments: