Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Off Restriction.....Think I Learned Anything?


Yesterday's appointment with the neuro group resulted in a February appointment for an angiogram of the narrowed vessels in my brain and a lifting of the exercise restrictions.  The restriction had included that I  relax  - not doing anything to elevate my blood pressure or pulse until I was cleared of imminent danger. Considering our life it was a pretty funny restriction to be on - go ahead and laugh.  But I did it and they decided I am not about to have a stroke or similar event and that I could resume regular activities without blows to the head or hard neck jerks. Which means no sparing at TKD but plenty of practice for weapons and forms.

Steam and I celebrated with a Ssahng Nat (AKA kama) warm-up using plastic ladles....I really do need to get some curtains up in the kitchen - I am sure the neighbors are seriously worried when they see us wielding kitchen implements in such strange ways......I dont think the restriction helped at all.  I'm still as unpredictable as I was before they enforced it.

3 comments:

AKBrady said...

Um, yeah. And you've been that way all your life. Love those pics, kids! :)

thesleepyknitter said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering if you had heard anything one way or another regarding your -- what are you calling it? episode? -- the other night. Glad to hear that the doctors are feeling okay about things.

Sammie said...

I laughed too when I heard your restrictions. Don't they know that your head should have allready exploded from all the craziness you deal with every day ! I am gald you are OK and that they are sorting out what is causing this. Hope it all goes well for you.