Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Photos from the Trip to MN (Trying Not to Call it a Trip 'Home")....

Summit wasn't all weeping. I really enjoyed seeing my adoption and orphan care friends from all over the US. Worship was great and we were even able to sneak off between duties and sessions for some catch up time...



Going back to our old neighborhood was hard. Really hard. It didn't help that spring is in full bloom there and even the dirtiest city streets look good in April.

I managed to see Grandpa John, Grandma Joyce, Jan and Don and Pam's family and then my heart seized up and I couldn't take it any more....the weight of all the people we left behind when we moved was too much and I couldn't finish my hello visits.



And it was ultimately strange to stand outside the gate that had led into my backyard for 10 years and over the fence at the stones that represented so many battles in my life - knowing that they now belong to someone else. (I did think of asking the new owner if I could bring one of the 'heart' stones home with me but I think it might have caused trouble trying to pass it off as a carry-on item.)

2 comments:

AKBrady said...

Yeah, it's hard, isn't it? I feel the same way whenever I go back to Port Angeles.

Stephanie said...

I flew with large rocks in my backpack once. It did cause trouble! Haha.