Saturday, May 8, 2010

Linking Out: FASD Links This Week....

It's been a good week for posts on FASD and the reality of parenting non neuro-typical kids (be it autism, FASD or whatever.)

My friend Barb (the adorable blond sitting next to me in the Summit photo) shared how she is applying some of what she learned at Summit on her blog this week. Knowing her, I almost died laughing when she confessed using American Girl hair care as a bribe with her daughter and connected some of the dots from the presentation that Dr Purvis gave on the need to pay attention to hydration and blood sugars when parenting kids who have been traumatized pre or post birth.

Julie over at Not Just an Ordinary Life is dedicating several alcohol affected children at church this week and her reflections on parenting them and the dedication questions are well worth reading. We should also keep Maisy in our prayers as she has to lose those adorable baby curls in preparation for another major surgery later this month.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Is there a link to the hydration and blood sugar levels? When I clicked it took me to Barb's page (which I am glad I read too!)
Thank you for the post!

dorothy said...

I fixed it Melissa - thanks for pointing it out...

Anonymous said...

the link for Not just an ordinary life, also links to barb's page