Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Wept A River of Tears.........(Reflections on Summit VI)

(I returned from the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit last night and though I was delighted to see so many of the people I love there, the main effect on me was a deep sobering and a heightened level of awareness to the pain filled realities of being an orphan in our world.)

I went knowing that my heart would be broken.
Even as I was encouraged,
Admonishing,
And loved.
I found the weight of the truth overwhelming.
The pain of knowing and not just suspecting what happens -
When no one stands as protector for the orphan and evil finds them.

I wept a river of tears,
For every lost childhood,
For every act that has taken us farther from Eden and deeper into denial.

I didn't go to be lauded,
or noticed,
but to be challenged,
And to intentionally open my eyes to the pain I avoid
because I am afraid it will overwhelm me.

I was right, I couldn't breath for the weight of it.
And wept a river of hope out into the darkness.

5 comments:

sarah bess said...

i get that.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I know it must have been hard beyond my immagination. I so wanted to go anyway.

You have a beautiful family and are living my dream! :)

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Judy said...

I've been lurking here for a while. We have a lot in common! Do you mind if I add your blog to my bloglist?
Your family is in my prayers!
Judy

Shannon said...

Dorothy,
I've been lurking for more than a year now...

Wanted to say that you summed up my heart as well...I was at Summit VI last week.

Now I am waiting on God to see what He will have me do...there is no ministry in my area, and I have not had the privilege of adopting YET.

Always inspired by your blog.

Blessings, Shannon

Shannon said...

As a follow-up...where do you find the time to post on your blog???! I only have one child and I struggle to update my blog monthly! I bet you could teach me a lesson or two on time management!