Sunday, May 30, 2010

Final Adoption Details....

Court on Thursday was the 'almost end' to Isaac's adoption. I still need to forward a copy of the final decree on to our agency when I get it and keep up with the letters and photos we agreed to with his placement. There was also the question of that last $3537.18 in placement costs that were outstanding on his account. Fridays mail brought the 'sorry we can't help with your adoption costs' response from our last pending grant application - the one that I had been hoping would cover that remaining balance and clear our debt.

Because moving has been chaotic I have not been good about watching our checking account (read into that the truth that I last balanced our checkbook sometime in March...so unMBA of me!) so I had no real idea of what was in there except that we were not overdrawn. What fun it was to see that between the refund for half a year of overpaid MN property taxes on the house we sold, pre-paid house and car insurance in MN and that little that was left over from the sale of that same house...there was $3550. in my savings account. Perfect to cover the outstanding bill and take us right back to our usual place of under $100 in savings. It's sort of a joke...nothing sits unused too long in this branch of God's Warehouse - be it clothing, pots, dryers, cars or cash. It just keeps moving into it's next perfect place.

2 comments:

lorismusings said...

I have always found that with God's provision as well. It is kind of like the manna every morning, right? Just what you need that day. Keeps us trusting and looking to God just as we need to.

sarah bess said...

I get that!